Just found a great website with great infographics and extra info on solar. Did you know:
- The U.S. solar energy industry now employs over 100,000 people (more than the coal or steel industry, to put that into perspective).
- The U.S. solar energy industry is the fastest-growing industry in the U.S. It is creating jobs 10 times faster than the U.S. economy as a whole).
- Over 5,000 businesses (mostly small businesses) support the solar industry in the U.S., creating jobs for Americans in every state.
- Solar PV installations have grown about 69% in the past year (that’s 40 times faster than the U.S. economy as a whole).
- The U.S. solar energy industry is a net exporter, by $2 billion/year, and is even a net exporter to China (how many industries can claim that?).
- 9 out of 10 Americans think we should be developing and using more solar power.
- The utility-scale solar market has grown 171% in the past year or so.
Hoping for similar numbers in Australia!